The Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board (DKVIB) is a statutory body of Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi established in 1983 (01-05-1983) by extending Himachal Pradesh Khadi & Village Industries Board Act, 1966 to the Union Territory of Delhi.
The main aim of the Board is to promote and popularize Khadi & Village products and create awareness among the masses and also to generate employment in the National Capital Territory of Delhi National Capital Territory of Delhi especially in the rural as well as in urban areas of Delhi.
Although an Autonomous Body, the Board is a 100% Govt. Aided Institution with Principal Secretary Industries, Govt. of Delhi as its administrative Head.
The board was last constituted on 17-07-2015 and further re-constituted on 14-06-2016, 13-10-2017 & 08-12-2020 as under:-
1. Sh. Vijender Garg :Chairman
2. Vacant :Vice Chairman
3. Sh. Ashok Agarwal:Member
4. Sh. Sanjay Gupta:Member
5. Pr. Secretary (Industries),Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi:Member
6.The Managing Director, Delhi Scheduled Caste Financial Development Corporation,Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi :Member
7. Representative of Khadi & Village Industries Commission:Member
8. Managing Director, Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board:Member Secretary
Aims And Objectives
i) In a particular and without prejudice to the generality of forgoing power, take such steps as it may think fit:
To implement the developmental schemes under the preview of Khadi &Village Industries Commission as well as Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi. The operational jurisdiction of Board is as an area of National Capital Territory of Delhi only.
- To sanction and disburse the funds to the beneficiary under the ambit of foregoing developmental schemes and recoveries of loan.
- To make recoveries of loan from beneficiaries and remit such recoveries to the Khadi and Village Industries Commission or the Govt. of Delhi, as the case may be.
- To organize the seminars, exhibition and publish the periodicals for the promotion of Khadi & Village Industries in Delhi.
ii) Functions of the Board as prescribed in the Act :-
- To Plan, organize and implement programmes for development of Khadi & Village Industries.
- To promote, encourage and assist in the development of Khadi & Village Industries
and to carry on trade or business in the products of such Industries.
- To provide work to persons who have been professionally engaged in the Khadi & Village Industries.
- To grant loans to individuals, societies or Institutions engaged in Khadi & Village Industries on such terms as may be prescribed.
- To encourage establishment of co-operative societies in Khadi & Village Industries.
- To conduct training centers with a view to impart necessary skill and knowledge for carrying on Khadi & Village Industries.
- To manufacture tools and implements and to arrange supply of such tools and implements and raw material in order to secure development of Khadi & Village Industries.
- To conduct Publicity and Propaganda and organize marketing of finished products of Khadi & Village Industries by opening stores, shops, emporia and exhibitions.
- To undertake and encourage research with a view to improve the quality and marketability of Khadi and the products of village industries.
- To collect statistics relating to Khadi & village industries from such person or persons as may be prescribed and to publish the statistics so collected.
- To carry out any other matter which may be prescribed.
To promote, encourage and assist in the development of Khadi & Village Industries the Board provided financial assistance and marketing support to entrepreneurs. Presently the Board is implementing two employment generation schemes, namely :-
(i) Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojna (RGSRY) of Govt. of Delhi
(ii) Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) of KVIC, Govt. of India.
(1) Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojna :-
This is a self-employment generation loan scheme initiated by Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi from the year 2004-05. Delhi Khadi and Village Industries Board has been nominated as the implementing agency of this Scheme. Under this scheme loan up to Rs. 3.00 lacs is provided to the proposed as well as fuNational Capital Territoryioning units to expand their business in the National Capital Territory of Delhi only. The salient features of the scheme are as under:-
- Area of implementation under this Scheme :- Units can be set up in any area that comes under the purview of Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi. Financial assistance for only those professional/industrial/marketing activities which are permissible under Delhi’s Master Plan are eligible for availing financial assistance under this scheme.
- Eligibility : - Any one of the following can avail loan under the scheme:
(a) College/school drop outs above the age of 18 years.
(b) Individual entrepreneur.
(c) Trained professionals.
(e) Small scale industrial unit which have total investment of plant,machinery and equipment not exceeding the ceiling limit of SSI.
(f) Passed out candidate of any technical/professional institute.
- Quantum of Assistance : - The quantum of loan granted under this scheme to proposed and fuNational Capital Territoryioning units shall not exceed Rs. 3.00 lacs provided that concerned entrepreneur shall make atleast 10% contribution of amount demanded as loan from DKVIB. In case of weaker section i.e.SC/ST/OBC/Ph.H. /Women/Ex-Servicemen only 5% contribution of entrepreneur is required.
- Subsidy :- Govt. of Delhi would provide subsidy @ 15% of the project cost subject to the ceiling of Rs. 7,500/- per entrepreneur. In public interest, Board simplified the norms of surety. Now for the project having cost upto Rs. 1.50 Lakhs, Loan can be released on the basis of personal bond and guarantee of two property owner neighbours.
- Tenure of loans and Repayment :- The loan shall be repaid within 5 years in equal quarterly installments. The recovery of loan will be started after a gap of 12 months from the date of release of loan, however, interest will be charged from the date of release of loan amount.
- Rate of Interest :-The loan shall bear interest rate as prescribed by Govt. of Delhi from time to time. The present rate of interest is 10% per annum.
Procedure for disbursement of loan under RGSRY :-
The Board receives applications from the citizens of Delhi who want to avail financial assistance available under the scheme. After receiving the loan application, the Field Staff conducts the inspection of the worksite and recommends the case to the higher authorities for placing it before Loan SaNational Capital Territoryion committee, if found eligible as per norms of the scheme. The Loan SaNational Capital Territoryion Committee conducts interview of the applicants and decide the case accordingly. After saNational Capital Territoryion, the sureties are verified and thereafter, completion of legal documents the amount is disbursed to the applicants.
(2) Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) :-
This Scheme was introduced by Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt. of India with a view to generate employment opportunities in the country. Khadi & Village Industries Commission is being appointed as Nodal Agency for implementation of the scheme in the country as a whole and State KVIB’s have been nominated as State implementing agency along with KVIC and DIC’s. In Delhi, Khadi & Village Industries Board is nominated as nodal agency to implement the scheme in the rural as well as in urban areas along with State Office, KVIC. The maximum cost of the project / unit admissible to each entrepreneur under the scheme is Rs.25.00 lacs. There are no income criteria for applying loan under PMEGP Scheme. The rate of subsidy differs depending upon the category of the applicant along with the area where he/ she wants to establish the unit. The details are given as below: -
|Categories of beneficiaries under PMEGP/Area/ Location of Project unit||Beneficiary’s contribution(of project cost)||Rate of Subsidy (of project cost)||Term loan|
|General Category||10%||15%||25%||The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by Banks as term loan.|
|Special Category (including SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped, Minorities/ Woman/Ex. Servicemen etc.)||05%||25%||35%|
Under this scheme the applications are placed before the Distt. Level Task Force Committee (DLTFC) headed by Deputy Commissioner of the concerned Distt. And after the recommendation of the DTFC the cases are forwarded to the Banks for their evaluation and saNational Capital Territoryion. After saNational Capital Territoryion the Bank disburses the amount to the beneficiaries.
(3) Procedure for disbursement of loan :-
As per guidelines of the scheme, the applications can be deposited either in the office of the Board or in the State office of the Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) or directly in the banks or through online on the website of the PMEGP i.e. www.kviconline.gov.in. All the applications are placed before the Distt. Level Task Force Committee (DLTFC) as mentioned above. As per recommendation of the Committee, the cases are forwarded to the banks for their consideration and final decision. The banks after saNational Capital Territoryioning the loan also disburse the loan to the beneficiary directly and claim Margin Money component from the Board or from the KVIC as the case may be.
Board is providing marketing platform to the artisans / individual entrepreneurs in setting up of their units in the employment generation schemes being implemented by the Board. The Board is also providing marketing platform to the units set up under KVI activities any where in India. Delhi is a well developing marketing centre. At present, the Board is having 02 departmental sales outlets one at Udyog Sadan, Patparganj, Delhi and another at Delhi Secretariat, I.P. Estate, New Delhi. Both the places are of Govt. offices buildings therefore the entry of the general public is restricted resulting low sales figures.
(5) List of Officers working in the Board is given as under:
- Managing Director
- Deputy Director
- Asstt. Accounts Officer
- Dev. Officer (RGSRY)
- Dev. Officer (PMEGP)
- Asst. Computer Programmer
(6) Grant-in-aid (Esstt. Grant)
The Board gets 100% Grant-in-Aid from Plan Schemes of Govt. of Delhi to meet its entire administrative and establishment expenditure.
(7) Grievance Redressal Mechanism and fix up the responsibility for delay :
1. The Board follows the directions of Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi regarding grievance redressal mechanism issued from time to time. The Board also receives online complaints through the said mechanism. Besides above, complaints are also received directly in the office of the Board. Online grievances can be lodged on the website http://pgms.delhi.gov.in.
2. The Board has also fixed the time frame to perform the duties by different officers to deliver better services to the citizens and also make accountable for the delay. The same is also reflected in the Mannual-3 of the Right to Information Act, available on the website of the Board i.e. http://dkvib.delhigovt.nic.in.
Field Staff i.e. Dev. Officers/Supervisors are available in the office of the Board to guide the public regarding how to set up their unit under different loan schemes being implemented by the Board. The above staff is available from 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM in the office.