The Khadi & Village Industries are the backbone of Indian economy. Khadi has been associated with freedom struggle of India. Khadi is considered to be pride of India in the world. In order to promote and support Khadi & Viillage Industries Govt. of India established Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in the year 1957 with the object to plan, support and promote Khadi & Village Industries. At the state level Khadi & Village Industries Boards were set up to effectively implement the schemes of KVIC in their respective states.Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board is a statutory body of Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi established in 1983 (01-05-1983) by extending Himachal Pradesh Khadi & Village Industries Board Act, 1966 to the Union Territory of Delhi.
The main aim of the Board is to promote and popularize Khadi & Village products and create awareness among the masses and also to generate employment in the National Capital Territory of Delhi National Capital Territory of Delhi especially in the rural as well as in urban areas of Delhi.The Board at the state level is also implementing KVIC schemes in Delhi. In addition to above DKVIB is also implementing employment generation schemes of the state Govt. as an implementing agency.
The Board is a 100% Govt. Aided Institution with Industries, Govt. of Delhi as its administrative Department.
The Board was last constituted on 17-07-2015 and further reconstituted on 14-06-2016 & 13-10-2017 as under:-
- Sh. Vijender Garg : Chairman
- Sh. Ashok Agarwal: Member
- Sh. Sanjay Gupta: Member
- Pr. Secretary (Industries),Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi. : Member
- The Managing Director, Delhi Scheduled Caste Financial Development Corporation, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi : Member
- Representative of Khadi & Village Industries Commission: Member
- Managing Director, Delhi Khadi & Village Industries Board: Member
Secretary The Board is implementing two employment generation schemes namely:-
- Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojna (RGSRY) of Govt. of Delhi
- Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) of KVIC, Govt. of India